As part of their support to Open Source community projects, Packt is offering all members of the Away3D community 25% off the book and a percentage of all book sales goes back to the Away3D project. Some details on the book content can be found below, provided by the people at Packt:
The book, available in print and eBook format, features over 80 practical recipes for creating stunning graphics and effects with the fascinating Away3D engine.Overview of Away3D 3.6 Essential
- Invaluable tips and techniques to take your Away 3D applications to the top
- Reveals the secrets of cleaning your scene from z-sorting artifacts without killing your CPU
- Get 2D objects into the 3D world by learning to work with TextField3D and extracting graphics from vector graphics
- Learn essential topics like collision detection, elevation reading, terrain generation, skyboxes, and much more
- Gain an exclusive and practical introduction to Molehill, the next generation of 3D APIs for the Flash platform – by creating a rotating sphere from scratch.
- Part of Packt’s Cookbook series: each recipe is a carefully organized sequence of instructions to complete the task as efficiently as possible
Is this book for you? The book is written for experienced Flash developers who want to work with the Away3D engine as well as for those who are already acquainted with the engine but wish to take their skills to the next level. Basic knowledge of Away3D and familiarity with ActionScript 3.0 and OOP concepts is assumed.
To claim your exclusive 25% discount when you buy through PacktPub.com, just enter the discount code Away3DCBK25 (case sensitive), to the shopping cart. Click here to read more about the Away3D 3.6 Cookbook. (NB: customers must be logged in to PacktPub.com for discount code to be applied) Thanks must go to Michael for his efforts on the book, and Packt for their continued support
No comments yet.